The IEEE MTT-S Administrative Committee approved an initiative to create the IEEE MTT-S Latin America Microwave Conference (LAMC), to be held in the second week of December, every two years, starting in 2016. LAMC has a general scope on RF and microwave engineering and technologies, and aims to achieve a high level of technical quality. LAMC moves to different locations in the region (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, etc.) and is technically and financially sponsored by IEEE MTT-S. LAMC is a bianual conference: its first edition took place in Puerto Vallarta, México, and its second edition in Arequipa, Peru.
The IEEE MTT-S Latin America Microwave Conference has the following general goals:
- To encourage technological, scientific and academic development in Latin American countries
- To promote participation in global MTT-S events
- To encourage the development of local MTT-S activities
- To increase MTT-S membership in Latin America
- To increase local interest and perception of relevance of MTT-S with respect to the local needs (cf. MTT-S Humanitarian Initiative)